September 1, 2011

Wanna go nude?

Hey guys! Have you ever felt that the nude lipstick you picked up just seems to make you look dead? Or it just doesn't seem to work for you? Well I have a few tips that I myself found to work for me.

Firstly, don't confuse nude lips to making it seem like you have none at all, just allow it to brighten up your face or town down any eye look that you have going on. Such as when wearing heavy smokey eyes, (Kim Kardashian) she always plays it out with a nude lip or a hint of pinks, why? You want the main focus to be on your eyes, not your lips. When wearing any type of look or going for any you want to make sure THATS your main focus not everything else, then it'll look.. complicated-chaotic (I know in  a face? LOL)
Here are some tips I found on BellaSugar.

  • For fair or pale skin : Avoid beige colors, avoid any creame colored lipsticks because it will truly wash out your face, try and go with something with a hint of color in it such as "High Tea from MAC".
  • Golden Undertones: If you just got a tan or have some golden undertones/yellow undertone go with something beiges, and caramel underetones, it wont wash out your face at all instead brighten in and have some contrast in context with your skintone shade. "Promiscuous from NARS"
  • Olive skin: Based on Bella Sugar if you have olive skin tones then you dont have to worry about colors, but I wouldn't suggest that. I have a little of Olive skintone and Yellow, I feel something not too light like beiges, I feel something with a little color helps. Any mauvey nudes are great such as "Till Tomorrow from MAC".
  • For a Dark skintone: Coffee colored lipsticks, make sure you don't buy something really really light as though it looks... I don't even know the word lol. Just try not to get something outrageously light, I understand you want it to be nude, but not that nude.
If you're afraid that your not sure which color suits you, try drugstore lipsticks first! This goes for anything, from foundations to lipsticks especially specific ones Darks to Nudes, the drugstores should be your first trial and error.

Hope that helps :)

9 comments:

Maryam Maquillage said...

totally agree... for olive or yellow, mauve nudes are the best :)) my fave is MAC Warm Me Up--too bad it's discontinued :((

ashleighjoan said...

i have fair skin and beige lip colors look horrible on me! i love creme d'nude. naked by urban decay isn't really a nude, but i love that color, too!

Anonymous said...

Right on honey! Cool @ your blog! ;)

Anonymous said...

nice blog!

kisses,
Klaudia B.

Nhi said...

thanks so much for your advise!
i'm your new follwer:)

hope to read more from you!

love,
rosecandle11.blogspot.com

There is nothing in this world that is new.. said...

great post! agree with you

Unknown said...

Man i wish i tanned then it would look good on me haha but I'm sooooo white! anywho
i really like your blog :] and I think we should follow eachother!

http://tiasauraus.blogspot.com/

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

I have been looking for my perfect nude lipstick forever now...I have MAC Mocha & Velvet Teddy, on their own, they are bad, together however, I like it. But, I still looking for my HG nude lippy. I am gonna try looking for coffee color lipstick next time I am out.

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

I have been looking for my perfect nude lipstick forever now...I have MAC Mocha & Velvet Teddy, on their own, they are bad, together however, I like it. But, I still looking for my HG nude lippy. I am gonna try looking for coffee color lipstick next time I am out.